Buildings and Grounds
Saint Paul’s campus today consists of two parcels on either side of a busy street. The church building is on east side and the parish house on the west.
The present church building remains one of the purest examples of Norman architecture in this country. The seating capacity of the nave is 320 and of the choir area 24.
The 2009 major renovation, themed That All May Enter (TAME), provided covered handicapped access to the sanctuary from the east, added space for relocation of the nursery from the parish house across the street into a dedicated nursery in the church, enabled the installation of ground-floor handicapped-accessible bathrooms, provided a dedicated vesting area for the choir and lay readers, created a small “coffee-hour” area outside the Nave, and replaced the church’s heating and ventilation system with energy-efficient units. The expansion also created a new 20-space parking lot with dedicated handicapped parking and a 48-space columbarium.
The parish house was constructed in 1922. It has a main floor and a walkout basement. The main floor houses the church offices and conference/counseling space, a large activity room, and sizable kitchen. The lower floor consists of a conference room, 10 meeting (church school) rooms and a storage area.
The grounds are maintained by a group of volunteer parishioners, Friends in Service to Saint Paul’s (FIST). The south side of the parish house overlooks an expansive lawn which is used for Easter egg hunts, cook outs, etc. The yard and plantings around the church building have won several community awards.